Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Our Newest member of the Benson family

7/26/13 It's 4am and I'm awake...do I have to use the bathroom? Might as well, because I'm sure I'll need to sooner than later anyway...oh wait, that could be a contraction? So I use the bathroom and lay down again, but then another contraction comes and I can feel just a little pressure in my back, and another one comes a few minutes later. I decide to go downstairs and let Mike sleep some more and see what happens with these contractions. By just before 5:30 I know that the baby will likely be coming that morning/day? Since his alarm was already set, I knew it'd be going off around then...so he opens his eyes and sees I'm dressed already. I tell him I'm pretty sure that the baby is coming. He asks "So I should call someone to go open the store?" Me: "Yes, pretty sure" Mike: "Ok, so how much time do I have?" (I should tell you that we barely made it to the hospital in time for me to have baby #3- I wasn't actually checked into the hospital until after she was born) Me: "Don't worry overly much about it, go ahead and take a shower and I'll get the kids dressed and ready" (Thank goodness they had bags packed!) I got them dressed, which they were more than happy to do since I told them that I was pretty sure the baby would be coming. We grabbed Ellie and put some clothes on her. Then we grabbed their bags and headed downstairs for a granola bar before we dropped them off at a wonderful friends house at 6am. By the time we are up in the hospital room it is around 6:30ish and am sure that this is the place to be as my contractions are coming faster and are getting more intense. The trend continues and my doctor arrives- she had a c-section scheduled for 8am that morning I'm guessing- which I made have to be pushed back a little bit. By 7:30 I can tell this baby is coming- SOON! Grandma Benson arrives around that time and by 7:52am I have a beautiful little girl with a head full of hair in my arms!

Hannah Jean Benson born Friday July 26th, 2013 7:52am weighing 7lbs 6oz 19 1/2"


 The brothers were very, VERY excited to meet the newest member of the family...in case you couldn't tell!
 The proud Daddy- and quite handsome and awesome I might add! :)

Can I just say the first meeting between the sisters did not go all that great? She wouldn't even look at her, or me, really...Oh well, by the time it was time to take her home she actually touched her! And now she gives her several kisses each day. Whew! I was definitely worried about how my particular 16 m.o. Ellie would take being a big sister!
 In the carseat and ready to head home!
 This is my smallest baby (the closest was her oldest brother 7lbs 10 1/2oz 19 3/4") as you can see, her build-a-bear is bigger than she is!
 She is so precious!!!

 This was in the hospital while waiting to take Hannah home!
 I was so glad that I only had to be in the hospital a little over 24 hrs! Hospitals are not the most comfortable places to stay...Now to try to resume "normal" life with 4 kids aged newborn to 6! Prayers are appreciated! ;) LOL!

1 comment:

  1. So, so, so happy for your beautiful family!! Another gorgeous girl and love that we have favorite names in common :) Love you guys!
    p.s. Rest, rest, rest as you can - do dishes later... :)

    ReplyDelete